Blog 4: How to Choose the Best Storage Container for You
You have a lot to store, and you have to make sure that you’ve stored it securely. You need a storage container, and even though you might think that they all look the same, they’re not the same. Containers come in many sizes, and some of them even have special features.
What to Consider
When you shop for a container, make sure you consider the points below before making a decision:
- Size: Most storage containers are about 8 feet wide and 9 feet tall, although you can find some that are 9 feet wide. They come in varying lengths of 10, 20, or 40 feet, but some companies offer even longer ones. A 10-foot container can fit the contents of a small apartment. A 40-foot container can hold the contents of the average house.
- Features: Some containers come with special features like ramps, racks, or shelves. Otherwise, you’ll have a standard metal box. If you need to protect your stored items from heat and moisture, you also have the option of buying a container with ventilation or other kinds of climate control.
- Quality: Many retailers offer used containers in addition to new ones. The used ones may save you a few hundred dollars, but they’re more likely to have structural issues.
- Price: Different retailers have different prices for their containers as well. Yellowhead Storage provides competitive pricing for storage containers. Compare prices and find the right one for you.
- Fees: Many storage companies deliver containers to homes and businesses. If you’d like yours delivered, make sure the delivery fee is reasonable.
When you finally choose a company, you should ask to look inside the storage container. Make sure it’s what you need before you buy or rent it. Walk around inside it so you can visualize what you’ll need to fit in it. You should generally give yourself a few feet of room to walk along the length of the container after it’s full, so don’t forget to factor in that space too!
Do You Need a Container Soon?
Yellowhead Storage is an excellent place to go for container sales and rentals in Edmonton. We can provide you with a convenient and cost-effective way to store the things that matter to you. We have a large variety of containers for you to choose from. If you would like to learn more about our selection or our delivery service, call us at 780-455-9242!
Service areas include Edmonton, St. Albert & More.